Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Trying the Sippy Cup

The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests introducing a sippy cup as early as 6 months of age. We have tried this before, but got this time on video. Rylie understands that she is supposed to put the tip of the cup in her mouth (but then again, EVERYTHING goes in her mouth!) She doesn't understand that she is supposed to suck, though. She continues to bite the spout the juice should come out of. We put in very diluted apple juice for her to enjoy. You would think that she prefers the sweet taste, but she actually does not. Even when eating dinner, she still makes a face at the sweet pears and apples we give her. I must mix it in her cereal. She still prefers her orange veggies: squash and sweet potato. She will also eat carrots. To my dismay, she almost gags when I try to give her anything green individually. I must mix peas and green beans in with those orange veggies. I'll keep trying though! She did eat one cube (I make her food, so one ice cube) of green beans without gaging too much. Hopefully we can continue! She may be allergic to peaches. She'll eat them without a problem, but a couple of days later I noticed a rash on her face and neck. I'll try them again in a few days to see if that really is the case. After we try bananas, I may begin to try the meats too. We'll see. I like preparing her food myself!

1 comment:

denise said...

What a great little eater you have! I'd love to know how you are making your own food. Sounds very domestic and healthy of you:) I'd also love to know how you made your banner. You are so savvy with technology! Your entire family is goregeous:)