Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This is my 101st Post!

I just realized this is my 101th posting! I wish I would have noticed at the 100 mark, but I missed it!

I want to update some of Rylie's new tricks. There are so many to list!
  1. She is totally into Christmas. Each morning, she has to say "hi" to all her Santas and snowmen. She goes to each one and points at them like she's counting.
  2. Rylie is repeating EVERYTHING you say. We are really trying not to say words that we might say that just aren't the best like, "dumb, stupid, sucks" etc...
  3. Puzzles are becoming another favorite. She can do 2 of her three puzzles. The first puzzle has 9 shapes and the second has 9 animals. She knows all the animals, but most of the shapes.
  4. Rylie fake reads: She will look at a book and use her finger to "read" the words along the book like Mommy and Daddy do.
  5. At bedtime, we'll take Rylie's clothes off and tell her to put them in the hamper, and she can do it!
  6. Rylie can get a tissue and bring it to you: She can bring certain items or objects to you or give them to someone.
  7. When I read her a new book, and point out something new one time, many times she will point to it the next day and look up at me for me to tell her what it is.
  8. After Rylie is done eating and she gets full, she looks right at you, shakes her head "yes" and says, "DONE, DONE, DONE, DONE" in a tone like she's asking a question. It's so adorable. I'll ask her, "Are you done?" She'll say, "Yes." Not, "Yeah," "Yes!"
  9. On her third puzzle that is too hard, it has a picture of a bus. She can look at the stop sign and say,"STOP" and read the word "BUS" on the side. Today I got out a toy bus that has a stop sign on it and says "school bus" on the side. Never before was she asked what those words said. I asked her tonight, "Rylie, what does this say? She got "bus" and "stop." Amazing.
  10. Rylie is really testing everyone. Time outs are a daily occurance.
  11. Rylie LOVES her boots. I can ask her to get them out of the closet and put them away, and she will! She gets excited and says, "Boosh" (aka, Boots)
  12. There are too many words to count that she has said perfectly clearly. The newest is toothbrush.
  13. FITS- she's had two major ones for seemingly no reason.
  14. Rylie feeds her babies bottles.
  15. My Aunt Becky and Uncle Bill set up a train that Aunt Patty brought over. Rylie loves her Choo choo.
  16. Rylie was great over Thanks giving. She wasn't too shy with the 30 something people who gathered. I was so proud of her. We also went to a baby shower. She was good as gold. She shared with Quinn, who is 4 months younger. They were hugging and kissing. It was adorable. Pictures to come!
:)Kelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 101st posting anniversary! I have been missing your post lately. Quit the slacking, lady! I am anxious to see her again and introduce her to Madeline.