Thursday, December 11, 2008

For the Record

You all probably aren't too interested in keeping track of Rylie's cognitive progress, but I need to make sure I document it as much as I can! I keep saying to myself, "Oh, I'll remember that!" Already I have forgotten so much of those "happenings." Here's the update this week so far:

1) Rylie is learning her colors. She is really good at black, white, orange, yellow, and blue. She still has trouble with green, red, brown, and purple. She can point out those colors when I ask her, and sometimes she will point to a color and say it as best she can.

2) She knows A, B, and C. Bathtime is when we focus most on letters. The first letter she learned was , "B." I think it helped she was a bee for Halloween. :) When she has all three with her, she can pick each letter out.

3) Tonight we had tacos for dinner, and I wanted some sour cream. I looked at the date on ours which said, "December 29th." Well, it didn't smell like the expiration date was 12-29, so I said, "Gross," and threw it out. Yep, you guessed it; The new word today was "Gross." After that, everything Rylie came into contact with was gross. Ha!

4) One of her favorite books is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do You See? She can "read" each page sounding out the same number of syllables in the words on the page.

5) Getting photo Christmas cards is the best! I point out every person we have a picture of. Right now we have 4 picture cards and a card from our friends with a picture in it. She knows all of the people on them: even the ones she hasn't need in a while. Thanks for all those great cards and pictures!

That's all I can think of this week! :)

3 comments:

Alex Beynenson said...

That is Maddy's favorite book, too!

Jessica said...

Its amazing how quickly they pick stuff up. You are a very good teacher too, of course! You must be close to vacation, woohoo! I hope you and your family has a wonderful Christmas. I will miss you all so much this year. I might be so sad I`ll just have to take a swim and lay on the beach for a bit! Hugs and kisses.

The McMurtrie's said...

That is Ella's favorite book too! We have to sing it every night before bed. I need to get you a recording of the music that goes with it. Rylie is so cute. She is so smart too. I love your new family photo! Have a nice holiday!