Monday, July 12, 2010

Two Months Old






Ethan is now 9 weeks, or 2 months old. He is a very calm, placid baby. So far, he's slept 3 nights 7-8 hours a piece (not in a row). At times he naps 3 1/2 hours, or 45 minutes. It's crazy! I would love to have a more predictable schedule, but I know he's just too little for that yet. That will happen around 3-4 months.

Although doctors want parents to put babies to sleep on their backs, Ethan loves to sleep on his belly. He still has his startle reflex, so this helps him sleep better. At this age, Rylie was sleeping in her car seat!

Rylie is a great big sis. She hasn't really skipped a beat having him around.

I wish someone would have told me how easy having one baby was. It's hard to try to put him down for a nap in a quiet environment when she wants to be around to help. We're still trying to work out the kinks, but we'll get there eventually!

For the 4th of July we went down to visit Eric's family. It was our first overnight with the two kids. We did a man-on-man defense: I slept with Rylie and Eric with Ethan. Ethan slept 8 hours that night and Rylie did awesome too! Thank goodness, as I was anxious!

No comments: