Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Stuff

I'm going to attempt to list all the funny and new stuff our little punkin bean is doing:
  1. One day when Eric was leaving to go to basketball, he gave Rylie hugs and kisses and said, "Good bye!" She replied, "Adios!" I think Rylie must watch Dora when she is with my friend during the day. It was amazing!
  2. Rylie is obsessed with sitting on the potty. We put special seats on our toilets, and she loves to sit on them. We tell her to push the poopie out, and she truly does try, but only to toot a little. :) She will then use toilet paper and wipe herself for 20 minutes if I let her.
  3. Her problem solving is getting better. She wanted to reach up and touch a door stopper, but couldn't touch it. So, she got her potty stool and used it to reach the door stopper.
  4. Rylie continues to love reading. After reading a book, she'll almost always say, "Again." She will sit by herself for as long as 1/2 hour to read on her own.
  5. I can't remember if I've documented this trick: When Rylie poops, she automatically goes to the closet and gets a diaper and wipes out of the correct plastic drawer and brings them to me and lays on the floor.
  6. Temper tantrums are at an all time high. She HATES to go in the deep end during our swimming lessons. Last week she was so bad I had to take her out of the water and go home. She had a horrible fit in the locker room, where she laid on the disgusting floor and cried and screamed. I was so embarrassed, grossed out, and enraged. By the time I got her dressed and in the car, I was bawling. It was terrible.
  7. New this week, Rylie doesn't eat as well as she has. She's being really picky and only eating a few bites of food. Usually, she will eat anything and everything! Finally, yesterday, I told her she had to eat one more piece of carrot before she was done. She got mad and cried at first, but then she sat there singing for about 10 minutes, then she ATE THE CARROT! It felt like such a huge victory!
  8. She has some new dancing moves.
  9. Babies are a big part of Rylie's day. She loves to push them in her stroller, feed them, burp them, and everything else!
  10. When we lay Rylie down for her nap, she now says, "No talk, Quiet, No play." We have to tell her to lie down and go night night or she'll stay up and talk for as long as two hours.

No comments: