Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How to Potty Train

I was just reading my baby book. Apparently, I was potty trained at 19 months, and it only took one week. 19 MONTHS!!!! ONE WEEK???? How/where do I start with Rylie? Suggestions, please!
*I know all children are different, and she will do it when she is ready. I am looking for advice to help this along...

3 comments:

Buttdogs said...

Logan was 2.5 years old when he was fully potty trained. It takes a while. We didn't push him and let him go at his own pace. Just make sure the potty chair is out and available so she can investigate it. We started by having Logan try to go before bath time every night during his naked time. It was easier that way since he was already undressed. This summer would be a good time to start with Rylie since you can just put her outside with the potty chair without any pants on. Accidents are easy to clean up that way:) Go at her own pace. From what I have heard it is only harder on you if you try to push them. Hope this helps. e

Mealy's said...

I'm not a good one to ask for advice. :-( Maddie will be 3 in April and still has NO interest what-so-ever!!!! Its been very frustrating b/c I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING! But everyone keeps telling me not to push, b/c it just makes it harder. I've finally realized that I just have to let her do it in her own time. I think that the baby has something to do with it though! So hopefully once this little girl is born (hopefully any day now) and life gets back to "normal" she'll have some interest in wearing BIG GIRL UNDIES!

denise said...

I think our parents all must have been magicians or we were all just really incredibly advanced kids or something because their potty training stories just sound unreal, don't they?! My advice is what everyone else is saying...just wait until she's ready because it won't work until she is. It was a loooooong process for Delaney and the most challenging one yet, so don't rush it. It'll happen one day:)