Sunday, August 24, 2008

5 Little Monkeys

Rylie is really getting where she understands a lot. She LOVES books. Actually, if she had no toys but a ton of books, I think she'd be perfectly happy. One book we read her is the one about the 5 monkeys jumping on the bed. Just two days ago, I started to do motions with it. So, I patted her head when we came to that part and made the sign for phone and shook my head and finger when the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed."

There are times Rylie will go by herself and play or read. We caught her patting her head and humming the exact tune we sing her. It was amazing! Earlier she was patting her head and it took me a few minutes to put it together.

Today my mom's family had a little reunion. Rylie has so much fun! She even learned some cousins' names. We'd ask her where Mark or Brian were and she'd look right at them. It's amazing how their little minds really are sponges. Rylie is able to point to numbers in books too! (sorry, it's the teacher in me)

I start school tomorrow.... :( Rylie is in good hands though with a friend!

No comments: